You’ve worked hard for your degree, you have a bright future ahead so what’s next?
Frenkel Topping Group provide litigation support, financial planning and asset management advice for vulnerable clients who have suffered a serious accident or personal injury.
As a group, we are dedicated to our clients’ long-term care, wellbeing and quality of life. We’ve more than 30 years’ experience of listening to their needs, finding the right investment and making sure their money lasts a lifetime. Securing damages for anyone who has suffered a life-changing event is often a complex task, which comes with enormous responsibility.
As well as individuals, we work with deputies and legal professionals to safeguard their clients’ future financial security. An important part of this is the recovery of the client’s legal costs, which helps protect their financial position at the end of the case. This is where a law costs consultant comes in.
Our Group includes three well-respected and award-winning legal costs consultancies: –
Partners In Costs – one of the UK’s leading costs law specialists, with a particular focus on bodily injury claims, ranging from clinical negligence to catastrophic injury cases.
A & M Bacon – a well-established legal costs firm, with particular expertise in areas including costs in the Court of Protection and commercial litigation.
Bidwell Henderson – a leading legal costs consultancy with specialisms in high-costs case plans and legally aided matters.
Within those businesses we have a significant number of carefully selected consultants across the country. They are renowned for their knowledge, professionalism and expertise.
Our group also try to support many of the various charitable and voluntary organisations that work tirelessly to provide care and support to the victims of clinical negligence and personal injury.
About The Role
This is a professional legal job specialising in the law and practice of legal costs. In summary, the work involved combines legal and accountancy skills. The job entails: –
- working on a diverse selection of solicitors’ case files;
- analysing the work done on a case to calculate the legal costs to be claimed;
- extracting information from those files to help maximise clients’ costs recovery;
- preparing accurate and well-presented legal documents;
- formulating future costs projections;
- running your own caseload; and
- providing advice and guidance to clients to assist in achieving the maximum recovery of legal costs.
You will be involved in researching complex areas of law and will have a bird’s eye view of how cases are run. Law costs drafting is generally a remote or office-based job without face-to-face client meetings or the need to attend court, although opportunities to progress to advocacy work including court attendances may be available for some later.
What’s In It For You?
- A rewarding role in the interesting and varied field of legal costs
- Opportunities for successful trainees to progress within three established legal costs companies
- Competitive starting salary
- Generous benefits package including: –
- Private health cover
- Flexible working opportunities
- Pension scheme
- The benefit of a bespoke, in-depth training programme to help you start your legal costs career on the right track
- Support for ongoing professional development
- Potential to study Costs Lawyer qualification
About The Training Programme
Successful candidates will embark on our intensive 12-month training programme, including: –
- initial orientation at our flagship Manchester office;
- an in-depth online training programme to help you pick up the skills and knowhow required to do the job;
- a series of mock files targeted at real-life examples to enable you to put what you have learned into practice;
- progression onto working with real-life cases where you will be playing a part in achieving the best possible outcomes for our clients;
- a six-month rotation covering our three legal costs firms, which will help you become a fully rounded costs professional and introduce you to a wide range of work types;
- full training and support throughout the programme and each rotation; and
- regular evaluation and feedback to help you steadily progress.
Upon completion of the training programme, successful trainees will progress into a full-time role within one of the group’s costs businesses. There is the potential for further qualifications and/or progress into other areas e.g., negotiations or advocacy work. We are passionate about growth and supporting the on-going professional development of all our employees.
We’re looking for hardworking, diligent and reliable candidates who want to develop professional and legal skills with an ambitious and forward-looking company.
Key qualities required for this role: –
- Attention to detail
- Great organisation skills
- Effective time management skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Basic Mathematical skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to prioritise urgent work and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- A basic understanding of the English legal system would be an advantage, but is not essential
Essential requirements: –
- Degree level qualification (minimum 2:2)
- The right to work in the UK
To find out more about this role and to apply, CLICK HERE