The main purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive and specialist welfare benefits casework, advocacy and tribunal representation service to Frenkel Topping clients.
- Provide a specialist welfare benefits advice service to claimants, carers and their representatives, in particular those claimants who may have received a personal injury payment.
- Proactively create, develop external and internal partnerships establishing productive relationships including legal representatives
- Preparation of appeal cases, including written submissions and tribunal representation at First tier and Upper tribunal.
- Delivery of casework and advocacy on behalf of claimants including complex casework
- To explain complex information to clients and ensure their understanding in both written and oral communication, home visit or outreach location
- Assessment of case prospects and advice on merits and risks.
- Negotiating and liaising with local authority, statutory and voluntary agencies
- Undertake training in areas of welfare benefits to keep abreast of new legislative changes, policies and practices
- Provide internal and external updates to staff across the whole range of welfare benefit issues
- Delivery of benefit training sessions to external professional bodies
- Maintain case records for the purpose of the continuity of casework, information retrieval and providing reports where required
- To deal sensitively and professionally with customers in a manner that recognises their needs
- To identify in conjunction with the Operations Manager opportunities for professional development
- Contribute to set performance targets
- Completion of Deputy File reviews