The purpose of the National Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) Manager is to ensure the business meets its financial targets, through effective planning and working closely with key stakeholders, in particular the Financial Consultants.
- Analyse projected new business income to ensure IFA’s individual targets are achieved consistently.
- Provide leadership support to the Commercial team.
- Carry out regular performance reviews.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders in particular the Business Development team & IFA, to ensure new and existing enquiries are converted to business.
- Ability to provide guidance, training and coaching.
- Actively keep abreast of accounts where there may be potential issues that may impact monthly targets and communicate with IFA in a timely manner.
- Produce MI reports for Senior Executive team.
- Continually develop and embed better ways of working by encouraging a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the team.
- Review and plan individual training needs, working closely with the Compliance team.
Knowledge and experience
- Successful previous experience in a similar role, leading a high performance team (minimum 3 years).
- Experience in Financial Services industry (Desirable).
- Experience in project management.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Relationship management and interpersonal skills to include experience in achieving credibility and building strong relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to present and analyse clear MI data.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven and demonstrable skills in planning, organisational, prioritisation and problem solving.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to influence and effectively challenge.
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence and understand what motivates others with self-awareness.
- A desire to support vulnerable clients.
- Professional and approachable.
- Strong business sense and industry knowledge (desirable).
Education and training
- Degree in Business Management or equivalent qualifications.
- Coaching qualification (desirable).